In this week’s science investigation, children were challenged to discover some things about sinking and floating. They were asked to fill a bowl with water and determine which items on their tray would sink or float. The students made a lot of of discoveries.
- Some small objects sink, but some float.
- Some light objects float, but some sink.
- When you place something in water, the water level rises up.
- There are ways to make sinking objects float.
- When something floats in water, the water is pushing it up.
They also did an excellent job of cleaning up their work spaces!!